If you shop on Amazon.com please go to Amazon Smile and select Humanists of the Treasure Coast. When you designate HUMTC then each time you shop on Amazon.com, HUMTC will receive a percentage of your total sales as a donation from Amazon. You must sign in at "Amazon Smile".
Prime accounts and Prime Pantry are included under the Smile program.
HUMANISTS OF THE TREASURE COAST IS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATION REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. "A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA or online at: REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Registration # CH34964
We have contributed to the Treasure Coast Food Bank in Sept, 2018,2019
A special contribution was made to Foundation Beyond Belief - a secular non-religious charity for their hurricane 2018 fund.
• Contributed an evening's worth of food to the soup kitchen operated by St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Stuart, Fl in 2010
• Sponsored the month of April, 2011 in Molly's House calendar. (residence for
family members having relatives hospitalized at Martin Memorial Hospital, Stuart, FL
• Provided financial support for SMART RECOVERY, a secular self help group for
those dealing with various addictions in Vero Beach, Florida.
• We have and will provide transportation and visits to humanists confined to their home, hospital or hospice on the Treasure Coast of Florida
• In 2011 a donation was given to the band at Indiantown Middle School for
additional musical instruments.
• As a donation to the American Cancer Society's Benjamin Mendick Hope Lodge, Tampa, Fl, a commemorative brick was purchased. The Hope Lodge
provides housing for families whose members are having cancer treatment at
Moffit Cancer Center.
• Vero Beach members contribute canned and non-perishable food to the Harvest Food and Outreach Center
• A garage sale was held in 2012 and all proceeds went to the Treasure Coast
Food Bank. The items were all donated by HUMTC members.
• A contribution was made to the St. Lucie County Reading Council in 2012.
Our first scholarships were awareded in April of 2015. One was given at Martin High School to the student who founded the Secular School Alliance and the other was divided amoung four students at South Fork High School who are activists and also Humanists.
Sponsor of the Pride Fest held at the Port St Lucie Civic Center in April 26, 2015
Participated in the "walk for awareness" to distribute flyers about Human Trafficking in our area. 2015 - 2017. Social Action Committee project that is ongoing.
Contributions to the Treasure Coast Food Bank were made in 2013, 2014,2015 2016 and 2017. We will continue to support the food bank.
Contributions were also made to Foundation Beyond Belief in 2015,2016,2017
SOCIAL ACTION COMMITTEE- Martin Girls' Academy 2015 - 2019
We provide tutoring, personal items and family support visits for the girls.
For more information contact Elaine Andersen