• Contributed to the Treasure Coast Food Bank (2013-2019). We continue to support the food bank.
We are providing lunches for the nurses and caretakers in our area that work in the Covid 19 units. We have provided lunches for Cleveland Clinic MM North, Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital. These are being done on a rotating basis. We work with area restaurants who make and package the food for the workers. We will continue this service for as long as there are Covid 19 units in these hospitals. We
can only provide one lunch for a group (usually averages 10) per week.
Some of our members have donated specifically for this funding.
• Contributed to Foundation Beyond Belief - a secular non-religious charity (2015-2017, and a special contribution to their hurricane fund in 2018)
• Contributed an evening's worth of food to the soup kitchen operated by St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Stuart, FL in 2010
• Sponsored the month of April in Molly's House 2011 calendar (Molly's House is a residence for family members having relatives hospitalized at Martin Memorial Hospital, Stuart, FL)
• Provided financial support for SMART RECOVERY, a secular self help group for those dealing with various addictions in Vero Beach, Florida
• We have and will provide transportation and visits to humanists confined to their home, hospital or hospice on the Treasure Coast of Florida
• Donation given to the band at Indiantown Middle School for
additional musical instruments (2011)
• As a donation to the American Cancer Society's Benjamin Mendick Hope Lodge, Tampa, Fl, a commemorative brick was purchased. The Hope Lodge provides housing for families whose members are having cancer treatment at Moffit Cancer Center.
• Members contribute canned and non-perishable food to the Harvest Food and Outreach Center
• All proceeds from garage sale went to the Treasure Coast Food Bank. The items for the sale were all donated by HUMTC members. (2012)
• Contribution made to the St. Lucie County Reading Council (2012)
• Our first scholarships were awarded in April of 2015. One was given at Martin High School to the student who founded the Secular School Alliance and the other was divided amoung four students at South Fork High School who are activists and Humanists.
• Sponsor of the Pride Fest held at the Port St Lucie Civic Center (April 26, 2015)
• Members participated in the "walk for awareness" to distribute flyers about Human Trafficking in our area (2015 - 2017). This is an ongoing project.
• Martin Girls' Academy (2015 - 2019)
We provided tutoring, personal items, and family support visits for the girls.
HUMANISTS OF THE TREASURE COAST IS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATION REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA or online at: WWW.FloridaConsumerHelp.com
REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.