HUMTC COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Contributed to the Treasure Coast Food Bank (2013-2020. We continue to support the food bank every year.
2021 Supporting Cancer Research at Sloan Kettering Hospital through
Cycle for Survival organization.
We provided lunches to the nurses and workers staffing the Covid units at three Treasure Coast Hospitals during the pandemic.
• Contributed to Foundation Beyond Belief - a secular (non-religious) charity (2015-2018). A special contribution was made to their hurricane fund in 2018).
2021 A contribution was made to support the winter storm victims who have
lost power, have no water and are homeless.
• Contributed an evening's worth of food to the soup kitchen operated by St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Stuart, FL in 2010
• Sponsored the month of April in Molly's House 2011 calendar (Molly's House is a residence for family members having relatives hospitalized at Martin Memorial Hospital, Stuart, FL)
• Provided printed materials and books for SMART RECOVERY, a secular self help group for those dealing with various addictions in Vero Beach, Florida
• We have and will provide transportation and visits to humanists confined to their home, hospital or hospice on the Treasure Coast of Florida
• Donation given to the band at Indiantown Middle School for
additional musical instruments (2011)
• As a donation to the American Cancer Society's Benjamin Mendick Hope Lodge, Tampa, Fl, a commemorative brick was purchased in 2010. The Hope Lodge provides housing for families whose members are having cancer treatment at Moffit Cancer Center.
• Members contributed canned and non-perishable food to the Harvest Food and Outreach Center in Vero Beach.
• All proceeds from a garage sale went to the Treasure Coast Food Bank. The items for the sale were all donated by HUMTC members. (2012)
• Contribution made to the St. Lucie County Reading Council (2012)
• Our first scholarships were awarded in April of 2015. One was given at Martin High School to the student who founded the Secular School Alliance and the other was divided amoung four students at South Fork High School who were activists and Humanists.
• Sponsor of the Pride Fest held at the Port St Lucie Civic Center (April 26, 2015)
• Members participated in the "walk for awareness" to distribute flyers about Human Trafficking in our area (2015 - 2017). This is an ongoing project.
• Martin Girls' Academy (2015 - 2019)
We provided tutoring, personal items, and family support visits for the girls.